Out & About
Fabulous Fairs & Festivals!
It’s summertime and Chicagoland’s fairs and festivals are under way! Enjoy local community celebrations with a variety of entertainment, food, live music and craft fairs this summer and fall. The area’s premiere events can be found in this issue. Be sure to look for the Sept/Oct issue which will feature more seasonal fairs and festivals in the Fall GO Guide section..
- Art Festivals – Weekends thru Summer. Amdur Productions throughout the Chicagoland area. amdurproductions.com.
Arlington Heights Frontier Days Festival – 6/29 – 7/4. FREE ADMISSION, FREE Music, Entertainment, Carnival Rides, 4th of July Parade, Food, Beer, Wine, Bingo, Family Activities, Pony Rides, 3v3 Soccer, Stampede Run 5K/10K, Arts & Crafts Marketplace. FrontierDays.org
Lisle Eyes to the Skies Festival – 6/29-7/1. Daily launches of hot air balloons and balloon glows, carnival, children’s area, craft fair, live music, nightly fireworks, food. Lisle Community Park. 630-541-6095. eyestotheskies.org.
- Morton Grove Days – 6/30-7/4. Parade, carnival, food court, entertainment, and fireworks on the 4th. American Legion Memorial Civic Center, Morton Grove. mortongrovedays.org.
- Palatine Jaycees Hometown Fest – 6/29-7/4. Parade, entertainment, food, family day activities, arts and crafts. Palatine. 847-604-0288.
- Taste of Oak Brook – 7/3. Features cuisine from Oak Brook restaurants, live bands, Vegas-style performer, stilt walkers, balloon artists, petting zoo and fireworks display. 4 PM. Oak Brook. 630-368-5005.
- Bensenville LibertyFest – 7/4. Parade, entertainment, food, beer tent, fireworks. Bensenville. 630-766-8888.
- Lakeside Festival – 7/4-7. Food, music, rides and games. Crystal Lake. 815-455-8000. lakesideartspark.org.
- Naperville Ribfest – 7/4-7. Large festival with top food vendors, rib contest, top-notch entertainment, carnival rides, games, fireworks on the 4th. Noon-10 PM daily. Exchange Club of Naperville. Knoch Park, Naperville. ribfest.net.
Mount Prospect Lions Club 78th Annual Village Festival – 7/4-8. Fireworks, Carnival, Live Music, Beer, Food, Car Show. Melas Park, Mt. Prospect. mplions.org.
14th Annual Uncork Barrington – July 6th 6 – 10 p.m. Tasting of over 50 fine wines, incredible hors d’oeurves. Fundraiser for Local Charities, Summer Festival Tent, Barrington Metra Station Parking Lot. uncorkbarrington.com
15th Annual Barrington Brew Fest – July 7th 3 – 7 PM. Craft & Premium Beer Tastings, Local food vendors and live music. Fundraiser for Barrington Area Council on Aging. Summer Festival Tent. Barrington Metra Station Parking Lot. Barringtonbrewfest.com
- Bristol Renaissance Faire – 7/7-9/3. Unique medieval fair. Jousting, sword swallowing, magic. 10 AM-7 PM Sat. and Sun. Kenosha, WI. 847-395-7773.
- Glendale Heights Fest – 7/11-15. Live music, carnival rides, line dancing, food and kids’ activities. Glendale Heights. 630-909-5305.
- Bastille Days – 7/12-15. French-themed festival with live music. Milwaukee. 414-271-1416.
- Best of Countryside Carnival –7/12-15. Amusement rides, live music, food, beer tent. Countryside. 708-699-6410.
Itasca Fest – July 12 – 15. Live music, Carnival rides, Food vendors, Flea market, Car show, Health fair. FREE admission and parking. Washington Park, Itasca Sponsored by the Itasca Lions Club. 630-773-0835. www.itascalions.org/Stories/itasca-fest.
- McHenry Fiesta Days – 7/12-22. Multi-day music festival with car show, amusement rides, craft fair, parade. McHenry. mchenryfiestadays.com.
- Palos Hills Friendship Festival – 7/12-15. Food, petting zoo, carnival rides, live music, car show. Palos Hills. 708-598-3400.
- Rockin’ Ribfest – 7/12-15. BBQ cook-off, live music, car show. Lake in the Hills. 847-742-3378.
- Taste of Park Ridge – 7/12-14. Live music, food, movies, face painting, family fun zone. Park Ridge. 847-318-5200. tasteofparkrdige.com.
- The Big Greek Food Fest – 7/13-15. Cooking classes, live music, dancers, kids’ activities and food. Niles. 847-647-8880.
- Windmill City Festival – 7/13-15. Pet parade, bags tournament, diaper derby. Batavia. windmillcityfest.org.
- Naperville Ale Fest – 7/14. Sample 200+ unique craft beers. Live music and food. Naperville. info@NapervilleAleFest.com.
- Frankfort Bluegrass Festival – 7/14-15. Concerts, workshops, food and kids’ activities. Frankfort. 815-469-6321.
Taste of Westmont – July 12 – 15. Downtown Westmont On Cass. Kidzapalooza Night July 12. Carnival Wristband Specials All Weekend!#1 Fleetwood Mac Tribute Band! Chicago Tribute Band! Best of the Burbs Battle of the Bands! Restaurant Food Vendors, Craft Show, Beer & Wine Tent, Free Live Music All Weekend! Kids Activities & More! 630-829-9378. www.westmontevents.com.
Arlington Heights Irish Fest – July 13th (5-11PM) & 14th (4-11PM). Live music & food from Harrington’s. Arlington Heights Historical Museum grounds, corner of Euclid & Vail. 847-255-1225. www.ahmuseum.org/irishfest.
Antioch Taste of Summer – July 19 – 22. A 4 Day Family Friendly Festival with Music, Food Tents, Carnival, Business Expo, etc. Free Admission & Parking in Downtown Antioch. 847-395-2233. www.AntiochChamber.org.
- Kane County Fair – 7/18-22. 4H Fair, livestock judging, live bands, championship bull riders. Kane County Fairgrounds, St. Charles. 630-584-6926.
- Sacred Heart Germanfest – 7/19-22. German food, Carnival rides, bingo, live music, kids activities, Lombard. sacredheartgermanfest.org.
- Vernon Hills Summer Celebration – 7/19 – 22. Children’s activities, music, carnival rides, food & more. Century Park in Vernon Hills. summercel.org
Antioch’s Taste of Summer/Special Needs Family Day – 7/20. Families with Special Needs Children are welcome to enjoy free Carnival Rides on Friday, 7/20 from 1-3 pm as part of Antioch’s Taste of Summer 7/19-22. www.antiochchamber.org/ 847-395-2233.
- El Gran Festival Columbiano – 7/20-22. Columbian marketplace, artists, musicans and cuisine. Chicago 773-230-6661.
- Forest Park Music Fest – 7/20-22. Live bands, two beer gardens, sidewalk sale, carnival. Forest Park. 708-366-2543.
- Pitchfork Festival – 7/20-22. Bands, food, crafts, prizes. Union Park, West Loop, Chicago. Chicago Park District. 312-742-PLAY.
- Plainfield Fest – 7/20-22. Rides, food, music, bags competition, pizza contest. West Electric Park, Plainfield. plainfieldfest.org.
- Taste of River North – 7/20-22. Tasting portions by local chefs, live music, morning workouts. Chicago. 312-633-2600.
- Ethnic Arts Festival – 7/21-22. International art, dance, spoken word, visual arts and cuisine. Evanston. 847-448-4311.
- 50th Annual Sheffield Music Festival & Garden Walk – 7/21-7/22. Guided tours, live music, food and drink, kids’ activities. Sheffield and Webster, Chicago. sheffieldgardenwalk.com.
- EAA Airventure – 7/23-29. Unique aviation family fun with air shows, live music and activities. Oshkosh, WI. Tickets: 920-426-4800.
- DuPage County Fair – 7/25-29. Annual fair features live music, rodeo, racing pigs, petting zoo, talent show. DuPage County Fairgrounds, Wheaton. 630-668-6636.
- Lake County Fair – 7/25-29. Truck and tractor pulls, flower show, talent contests, rodeo, demolition derby, music. Grayslake. 847-680-7200.
- Algonquin Founders’ Days – 7/26-29. Cardboard boat regatta, dog and cat show, parade, bake off, fireworks. Algonquin. 847-658-5340.
RidgeFest – Thurs. – Sun. July 26-29. Music, carnival, food, beer garden & more. Chicago Ridge. 708-425-7700. www.chicagoridge.org.
- Prairie Fest – 7/26-29. Food, music, fireworks, carnival, bingo. Wood Dale. 630-766-4900.
- Proud American Days – 7/26-29. Baby contest, beef cook off, live entertainment, military tribute. New Lenox. proudamericandays.org.
- Sugar Grove Corn Boil – 7/26-29. Concerts, fireworks, kids’ activities. Volunteer Park, Sugar Grove. 630-449-7999.
- Downtown Block Party – 7/27-28. Live entertainment, kids activities and food from local restaurants. Mt. Prospect. 847-392-6616.
Kishwaukee Fest & Baconpalooza – Fri. 7/27/18 to Sun. 7/29/18. Parade, Bacon Fest, Car Show, music, concerts, skate board show. DeKalb & Sycamore, IL. 815-756-1263. www.KishwaukeeFest.com.
- Streamwood Summer Celebration – 7/27-29. Parade, golf outing, fireworks, carnival, and entertainment. Streamwood. 630-736-3803.
- Taste of Wisconsin – 7/27-29. Live music, chef demonstrations, and family friendly exhibits and activities. Kenosha, WI. 262-496-9400.
- Geneva Arts Fair – 7/28-29. Over 140 artisans in all media are showcased in this festival. Geneva. 630-232-6060.
- Chicago International Dragon Boat Festival – 7/28, 9 AM. Twenty paddlers move in unison in the spirit of teamwork, Asian culture, food. gwndragonboat.com/Chicago.
- Glenview Summer Art Fair – 7/28-29 . Over 100 artists exhibiting, children’s activities, food, music. Glenview. 847-724-4007.
- McHenry County Fair – 7/31-8/5. Bands, motocross racing, tractor pulls, farm exhibits. Woodstock. mchenrycountyfair.com.
- Northbrook Days – 8/1-5. Bocce ball tournament, carnival rides, games, raffles, live music and Taste of Northbrook. Northbrook. northbrookdays.com.
- Kendall County Fair – 8/2-5. Livestock show, 4H auction, tractor pull, demolition derby, karaoke contest, music. Yorkville. 630-553-2860. kendallcountyfair.org.
- Little Italy Fest West – 8/2-5. Italian food specialties and Italian American performers. Addison. 630-962-7000.
RomeoFest – August 2 – 5. 4 Days Filled with Fun! Live Concerts, Carnival Rides, Great Food & Drinks. Fireworks Friday & Sunday 9:30PM. 900-1050 W. Romeo Rd., Romeoville. 815.886.6222. www.romeoville.org/romeofest.
- Summer Chi.Ill Music Festival – 8/2-5. Tropical rock music. Benefits Cornerstone Services. Hyatt Regency Schaumburg. summerchi-ill.com.
- Destination Asia Cultural Festival – 8/3-5. Explore the diverse cultures of Asia through music, dance, food, sumo wrestling. Floating lantern Fri night 6 PM. Morton Arboretum, Lisle. 630-968-0074.
- La Grange Endless Summer Fest – 8/3-5. Rides, entertainment, food, human foosball tournament, music. Gordon Park, La Grange. lagrangeendlesssummerfest.com
- Summer Daze of Warrenville – 8/3-4. Featuring live music, food & car show. FREE admission and parking. Downtown Warrenville, near the intersection of Rt. 56 (Butterfield) & Batavia Rd. 630.393.7279. warrenvilleparks.org
- Taste of Orland Park – 8/3-5. Live entertainment, kids activities. Orland Park. 708-403-6100.
- Taste of Roselle – 8/3-5. Food, entertainment, bingo, carnival and craft show. Roselle. 630-980-2000.
Elgin’s Art & Soul on the Fox – Sat. 8/4 from 11 AM -6 PM and Sun. 8/5 from 11 AM- 5pm. Juried Art Fair, Roving and Stage Entertainment, KidZone, Oddball Alley, Food Trucks. Elgin. 847-531-7056. www.ElginArtandSoul.com.
The 13th Annual World of Faeries Festival – Aug. 4th (10AM-7PM) & Aug. 5th (10AM-5PM). This is a fantasy festival and we encourage you to come in costume. Showcases music and a vendor village along with family entertainment. Vasa Park, South Elgin. 815-788-1630. www.theworldoffaeries.com.
- Gurnee Days – 8/9-12. Rides, races, bike rodeo, ice cream eating contest, car show, music, food. Gurnee, IL. email@example.com.
- Illinois State Fair – 8/9-19. Big-name musical entertainment, livestock, 4H exhibits, carnival, food, tractor pulls. Springfield. 217-782-6661.
- Waukesha Rotary BluesFest – 8/10-11. Live music each day, food, beverages. Naga-Waukee Park, Delafield, WI. waukeshabluesfest.com.
- French Connection Day – 8/12. Day-long festival of music, food, art and family fun. 10AM-4PM. Cantigny Park, Wheaton. 630-668-5161 or cantigny.org.
- Venetian Festival – 8/15-19. Water ski show, lighted boat parade, carnival, fireworks. Lake Geneva, WI. Venetianfest.com.
- Milwaukee Irish Fest – 8/16-19. 100+ acts celebrating Celtic culture, contests, crafts, demonstrations and food. Milwaukee. irishfest.com.
- Taste of Elmwood Park – 8/16-18. Local restaurant food, live entertainment, crafts, bocce tournament. Elmwood Park. elmwoodpark.org.
- Riverfest Express – 8/17-19. Entertainment, craft show and fireworks. Aug 16 is “A Special Night for Special Kids”. no charge (must pre-register). South Elgin. 847-774-1151.
- Vintage Days – 8/18-19. Celebration of all things vintage with makers/collectors offering their wares. Bluegrass music, cold beer, retro family activities. Sat-Sun 10 AM-6 PM. Long Grove, IL. longgrove.com.
- Chicagoland Country and Swing Dance Festival – 8/18-20. Workshops, competitions and dance parties. Rosemont. 765-563-1111.
- Farm to Fork Fest – 8/20. Adults-only celebration of fresh, seasonal, regional foods prepared by top chefs. Heritage Farm, Schaumburg. Mon 5-8 PM. Tickets: 847-985-2102.
- Will County Fair – 8/22-26. Demolition derby, rodeo, chili cook-off, beer tent, carnival, livestock exhibits, entertainment. Will County fairgrounds, Peotone. 708-258-9359.
- Naperville Wine Festival – 8/24-25. Wine seminars, chef demonstrations, wine sampling, entertainment, food. Fri-Sat 5-10 PM. Naperville. napervillewinefestival.com.
- DeKalb Corn Fest – 8/24-26. Auto fest, corn boil, kid fest, bags tournament, live music. DeKalb 815-748-CORN.
- Downtown Street Fest – 8/24-26. Live music, local food vendors, kids’ activities. Palatine. palatinestreetfest.com.
- Glen Ellyn Festival of the Arts – 8/25-26. Juried fine arts show. Live music. Glen Ellyn. 630-272-6627.
- Buffalo Grove Days – 8/29-9/3. Carnival, bingo, parade, bags tournament, beer tent, car show, disc golf tournament, entertainment. Buffalo Grove. 847-459-2500.
Naperville Jaycees Last Fling – Aug. 31 – Sept. 3. Nationally Recognized Bands, Family Fun Land, Carnival, Parade and more! Downtown Naperville. www.LastFling.org.
SAVE THE DATE