FALL FESTIVAL FUN!
The festival season is alive and goes well into the autumn months. Be sure to check one out this weekend…and take the whole family!
- Buffalo Grove Days – 8/29-9/3. Parade, car show, BBQ challenge, arts and crafts, business fair. Buffalo Grove. 847-459-2500.
- African Festival of the Arts – 8/31-9/4. Simulated African village with drumming, collectible artifacts, textiles, food, film. Washington Park, Chicago. 773-955-2787.
- Harvard Balloon Fest – 8/31-9/2. 20+ hot air balloons making morning/evening ascensions. 5K, two music stages, balloon glows, movies in the park, photo contests. Harvardballoonfest.com. 815-893-6280.
- Hometown Days Festival – 8/31-9/2. Carnival, baby contest, food, music, air dogs competition, craft show. Yorkville. 630-553-4357.
- Lebanese Festival – 8/31-9/2. Authentic, old world food, entertainment, kids activities. Our Lady of Lebanon Church , Lombard. 630-932-9640 or ollchicago.org.
- Naperville Jaycees Last Fling – 8/31-9/3. Music, food, carnival, parade. Naperville. 630-961-4143.
- Summer Sunset Festival – 8/31-9/2. Bags tournament, carnival, parade, food, wine tasting, music, horseshoe tournament, fireworks. Lake in the Hills. Summersunsetfest.com. 815-893-6280.
- Taste of Melrose Park – 8/31-9/2. Carnival, entertainment, food, fireworks, laser show. Melrose Park. 708-343-4000.
- Taste of Polonia Festival – 8/31-9/3. A celebration of all things Polish – live music, food, casino, kids activities, carnival. Copernicus Center, Chicago. copernicuscenter.org.
- Deer Park Art Show – 9/1-2. Exceptional artwork, food, live music, art activities for kids. Deer Park. 847-926-4300.
- Fox Valley Folk Music and Storytelling Festival – 9/1-3. Eight stages with bands, musicians, dancing (including a traditional barn dance), storytelling, kid’s activities. Geneva. 630-897-0061.
- Frankfort Fall Festival – 9/1-3. Parade, arts and crafts, live entertainment, carnival, food. Frankfort. 815-469-3356.
- Irish Days – 9/1-3. Celebrate Irish culture with Irish dance performances, food, music, dog beauty contest, best looking men’s legs contest, bag pipers, folk bands, children’s activities. Long Grove. 847-634-0888.
- Jubilee Days – 9/1-3. Beauty pageant, ice cream social, concerts, parade, food, fireworks. Zion. 847-746-4000.
- Richardson Adventure Farm and Corn Maze – 9/1-11/4. All ages attractions including corn bin, pedal trikes, goat walk, giant slides, ORBiting (get inside 11’ rolling ball), campfires, food, corn maze. Spring Grove. 815-675-9729.
- Septemberfest – 9/1-3. Live music on 3 stages, food, carnival, arts and crafts, juried art show, parade, fireworks. Robert Atcher Municipal Center Grounds, Schaumburg. 847-895-4500.
- Taste of Serbia – 9/1-2. Traditional cuisine, music, cultural events and dance, raffles. St. Basil Serbian Orthodox Church. 12-11 PM. Lake Forest – Mettawa, IL. 847-247-0077.
- Wauconda Street Dance – 9/1. Live music on multiple stages, kids stage, food, drink and dancing. Wauconda. 4 – 11 PM. 847-526-5580.
- Sandwich Fair – 9/5-9/9. Carnival rides, food, exhibitors, entertainment, rides, demolition derby, harness racing, live bands, tractor pull. Sandwich Fairgrounds. 815-786-2159.
- St. Charles Jazz Weekend – 9/6-9. Live jazz music with performances in multiple downtown venues. 630-443-3967.
- Darienfest – 9/7-9. Pet parade, carnival, music. Darien Community Park. 630-968-0004.
- Festival of the Vine – 9/7-9. Wine tastings, flower market, arts and crafts show, live music, food, family activities. Geneva. 630-232-6060.
- Rock the Block Party – 9/7-8. Family-friendly event street fest featuring Midwest bands, local food, beer and wine tents. Elmhurst City Centre. 630-993-1600. elmhurstcitycentre.com.
- Wisconsin Sheep & Wool Festival – 9/7-9. Sheep and fleece shows, demonstrations, classes, raffle, silent auction, contests, lamb dinner. Jefferson, WI. 608-868-2505.
- Fine Arts Festival – 9/8-9. 50 Artists line Main Street with a variety of mediums and price points. Live music, children’s art area. 10 AM-5 PM. Downers Grove. 630-725-0991. downtowndg.org.
- Rock the Block – 9/8. Traditional street bands, food and children’s activities. 5-11 PM. Downtown Lake Zurich. 847-438-5141.
- Northern Illinois Airshow – 9/8. Aerobatic flight performances, helicopter rides, historic and military aircraft displays, food and drink. 9:30 AM – 5 PM. Waukegan. 847-244-0055.
- Randhurst Street Fest – 9/8. Classic car showcase, bands, dancers, food tastings, local merchants. Mount Prospect. 12-5 PM. 847-259-0500.
- Septemberfest – 9/8. Parade, live music, car show, food and craft vendors. 11-AM-11PM. Bloomingdale. 630-893-7000.
- Shades of Autumn Festival – Weekends 9/8-10/28. Pumpkins, farmer’s market, hayride, petting zoo, pumpkin cannon, live music, food. McHenry. shadesofautumn.net. 815-893-6280.
- TheosoFest Mind, Body Spirit Festival – 9/8. Mind-body-spirit festival featuring vegetarian food, holistic vendors, Kid’s Korner. Theosophical Society, Wheaton. 630-668-1571.
- West End Arts Festival – 9/8-9. Juried art show, live performance art, and art auction. LaGrange. 708-582-6510.
- World War II Days – 9/8-9. More than 1,200 re-enactors engage in elaborate battles, along with skirmishes in the woods, demos, displays and encampments. Lockport. 815-397-9112.
- Misericordia Family Fest – 9/9. Live entertainment, children’s games, raffles, food. Benefits Misericordia. 11 AM-6 PM. Chicago. 773-973-6300.
- Oktoberfest – 9/9-11. German food, music, yodeling, Bavarian pie eating contest, booths, carnival, beer tent, bingo, Karaoke, petting zoo, bags tournament. Villa Park. 630-834-8500.
Scandinavian Day Festival – Sun., Sept. 9 10:00 AM to 6:00 PM, Admission: $10.00 per person, 12 and under free, free parking. Live music, Folk Dancers, Swedish Glee Club, Scandinavian Food, and Children’s Activities. Vasa Park, 35W217 Route 31, South Elgin. 847-695-6720. www.scandinaviandayil.com.
Oktoberfest – Sept. 13-23. Authentic German Food, & Bier. Live Bands, Dancing and lots of fun for the whole family. Camera Park, Glendale Heights. 323-5-PRETZEL. www.glendaleheightsoktoberfest.com.
- Weed Ladies Fall Floral Design Sale – 9/13-16. Hand-made seasonal floral arrangements and dried bouquets. Thu-Sat 10 AM-4PM; Sun 1-4 PM. Naper Settlement. 630-305-5289.
- Bengston’s Pumpkin Farm and Fall Fest – 9/14-10/30. Pumpkin chucker, petting zoo, gemstone mining, haunted barn, pig races. Homer Glen. 708-301-3276.
- Berwyn Oktoberfest – 9/14-15. Live music, food, carnival family entertainment pavilion, crafters and vendors, plus the Beer Garden, featuring Oktoberfest seasonal selections. Depot District, Berwyn. 708-788-8100.
Fall Fest Des Plaines – Sept. 14th (6-11PM), 15th (noon-11PM) & 16th (noon-7PM). A Three-Day Family-Friendly Festival! Great bands, carnival rides, food, fun family activities. FREE Admission. Lake Park, 2200 Lee St., Des Plaines. www.FallFestDesPlaines.com.
- Oaktoberfest – 9/14-15.Two-day music festival offering seasonal food, microbrews, wine and Kids’ Root Beer Garden. Downtown Oak Park. 708-383-4145.
- Palatine Oktoberfest – 9/14-16. German music, food and beverages. Family activities. Downtown Palatine. email@example.com.
- West Dundee Heritage Fest – 9/14-16. Art and antique shows, fireworks, auto show, bag-go tournament, parade, children’s activities. West Dundee. 847-551-3800.
- Depot Days – 9/15-16. Pioneer demonstrations, games, pie eating contest, model train display, hayride, craft fair. 12-5 PM. Lisle. 630-958-0499.
- Elmhurst Craft Beer Fest – 9/15. Sample from 30 breweries, trolley, food, ice cream, raffle. Benefits Elmhurst Heritage Foundation. 1-5 PM. Elmhurst. elmhurstcraftbeerfest.com.
- Goebbert’s Fall Festival – 9/15-10/31. Pumpkin eating dinosaur, games, animals, duck derby, café, bakery. South Barrington. 847-428-6727.
- Johansen Farms Children’s Zoo and Fall Festival – Opens 9/15-10/31. Farm zoo, pony rides, hayrides, flowers, gift and décor shop, sweet treats, mini golf, pumpkin patch. Bolingbrook. 630-759-8711.
- Kuipers Pumpkin Farm Festival – 9/15-10/31. Hay rides, autumn treats, corn maze, pig races, Big Rig Pumpkin. Maple Park. 815-827-5200.
- Park Forest Art Fair – 9/15-16. A showcase of fine art with music and food. 10 AM- 5 PM. Downtown Park Forest. 708-748-3377. tallgrassarts.org.
- Riverwalk Fine Art Fair – 9/15-16. Outdoor juried art exhibition and sale along the DuPage River. 10 AM-5PM. Naperville. 630-355-2530.
- Sam Adams Taco Fest – 9/15-16. Mexican wrestling, taco vendors and music. 11 AM-10 PM. Lakeview neighborhood, Chicago 773-472-7171.
- Vintage Illinois Wine Festival – 9/15-16. 29 wineries, plus music and food. Matthiessen State Park, Utica. 217-726-8518.
- Konow’s Corn Maze – Opens 9/16 thru 10-31. Oktoberfest celebration in the Barn. Great bands and food! Two Mazes, animal rides, duck races, live music, indoor play area. Sun – Fri: 10am – 7pm. Sat: 10am – 8pm. 16849 S Cedar Rd. Homer Glen,. 708-301-8845. konowscornmaze.com
- Fallapalooza – 9/16. Music, petting zoo, hayrides, inflatables, live music. Heritage Park Performance Pavilion, Wheeling. 1-5 PM. 847-465-3333.
- Pets-A-Palooza – 9/16. Pet-themed contests, demos, pet parade. 11 AM-4PM. Mooseheart. 847-697-2880.
- Shermerfest – 9/16. Music, food, performances, games. 12-4 PM. Northbrook. 847-498-3404.
- Woodstock Harvest Fest and Craft Fair – 9/16. Bluegrass bands, fiddle contest, craft show. Woodstock. 10-AM-5PM. 815-338-4300. offsquaremusic. org.
- Apple Fest – 9/21-23. Bushels of apple inspired treats, pie-eating contest, live music. Long Grove. 847-634-0888.
- Fall Fest – 9/21-23. Entertainment, beer garden, food, carnival, tethered balloon rides, fireworks, petting zoo, pony rides, kids’ events. Huntley. HuntleyFallFest.com. 815-893-6280.
- Oktoberfest – 9/21-22. Traditional German food, beer, music. Elk Grove Village. 847-439-3900.
- Oktoberfest – 9/21-23. Traditional oom-pah and polka musicians, carnival, beers. Tinley Park. 708-532-5700. tinleyparkoktoberfest.com
- Annual Native American Pow Wow – 9/22-23. Native American dancing and drumming, cultural demos, children’s games and crafts, special presentations. Presented by Midwest SOARRING Foundation. Naper Settlement, Naperville. 708-257-4300.
- Autumn Pioneer Festival – 9/22. Crafts, historical lifestyles, food, skills of pioneers and Native Americans in the 1800’s. Belvidere. 815-547-7935.
- Little Sikhs Children’s Festival – 9/22. Celebration of Diversity. Animal show, children’s activities and games. 1PM – 5 PM. Bartlett Nature Center, 2054 W. Sterns Rd. Bartlett.
- Deerfield Harvest Festival – 9/22 Chidlren’s activities, entertainment, games, fireworks. Deerfield. Deerfield.il.us.
- Didier Farms Pumpkin Fest – 9/22-10/31. Hayrides, corn maze, farm stand, pig races, Mobile Room Escape, Silly String Asylum. Lincolnshire. 847-634-3291.
- Elim Dutch Fest – 9/22. Pancake breakfast, Dutch Village shops, Dutch treats, parade, petting zoo and wooden shoe dancing. Crestwood.708-389-0555.
- Galena Oktoberfest – 9/22. Children’s activities, non-stop live music, polka dancing and lessons, wiener dog races, bean bag tournament, pumpkin decorating. Galena. 815-331-0180.
- Hands On Arts Festival – 9/22. Visual/performing arts, literature, film and local merchants selling goods, books, and crafts plus wine and beer. Live performances. 12-6 PM. Fischer Farm, Bensenville. 630-834-3152.
- Norge Autumn Ski Jump Festival – 9/22-23. Watch ski jumpers from around the world on 70 meter hill. Food, beer, wine, Jagermeister. Hi-tech plastic hill instead of snow. Fox River Grove. norgeskiclub.com. 847-639-9718.
- Passport Europe Festival – 9/22-23. Cultural festival featuring authentic music, culture, dance and cuisine in beautiful outside venue. Morton Arboretum. 630-968-0074.
Taste of Egypt Festival – Sept. 22 and 23. Egyptian food, camel rides, petting zoo, jewelry, games, kids’ corner. St. Mark’s Coptic Orthodox Church of Chicago, Burr Ridge. Des Plaines. www.FallFestDesPlaines.com.
- Vernon Hills Oktoberfest – 9/22. Kids crafts, pumpkin painting, food, domestic beer and live music. Vernon Hills. 847-367-3700.
- Dog-tober Fest – 9/23. Teamed with Huntley’s Annual Fall Fest; Dog lovers can enjoy wiener dog race, doggie playland, rescue/shelter groups, raffles, games, doggie photo booth, pet blessing. 12-4 PM. Huntley. 847-669-2880.
- Oak Park Fall Fest – 9/23. Horse-drawn hayrides, pumpkin patch, Rehm Train Rides, fall foods, bounce houses, DJ and games. Rehm Park, Oak Park, IL 708-725-2000.
- Primrose Farm Frolic – 9/23. Corn cannons, old-fashioned games, farming demos, hayrides, food. 11AM-3 PM. St. Charles. 630-513-4370.
- Fall Style Weekend – 9/28-30. Celebrate style with fashion show, food, special sales. Downtown Naperville. 630-544-3372.
Lincoln Park Zoo “Fall Fest Weekends” – Sept. 28 – Oct. 28. Harvest fun in the heart of the city. Chicago. 312-742-2000. www.Lpzoo.org.
Warrens Cranberry Festival – 9/28-30. Arts and crafts booths, food vendors, tour of cranberry marsh. Warrens, WI. 608-378-4200
- Downers Grove Harvest Fest 2018 – Sat 9/29 (DG 5&8 Miler 8:30 AM. Live entertainment, children’s area, food, beer garden, live music, craft fair and children’s activities!Fishel Park – Downers Grove.dgparks.org
- Fall Harvest and Art Festival – 9/29. Vineyard tours, live music, grape stomping, art show and more. 12-6 PM. Galena. 815-777-3235.
- Fall on the Farm – 9/29-30. Tent sale, food, beverage, tractors to touch, Farmyard, barrel train rides, pumpkin painting, sand art, face painting, decorate a cookie. Lambs Farm, Libertyville. 847-933-3749.
- Johnny Appleseed Festival – 9/29. Pumpkin bowling, pie baking and eating contests, crafters, pumpkin train, wagon rides, scarecrow contest, Great Ball race. 9 AM-4 PM. Crystal Lake. Downtowncl.org. 815-479-0835.
- Scarecrow Festival – 9/29. Illinois’ biggest “toddler friendly” festival. Giant bouncy houses, petting zoo, vendors, food. Ottawa. 815-434-4071.
- Villa Park Brewfest – 9/29. Craft beer from regional breweries and tasty food truck cuisine. Cortesi Veterans Memorial Park. eventbrite.com.
- Harvest of the Acorn Moon Festival – 9/30. Pumpkin painting, games, guided hikes, nature crafts. Aurora. 630-444-3190.
- Hoe-Down – 9/30. An afternoon of pony rides, hayrides, games, food and fun. 12-5 PM. Darien Park District. 630-968-6400 or darienparks.com.
- Indian Summer Festival – 9/30. Bike ride or walk through the park while participating in family events and enjoying food. Bring clothes to make a scarecrow. Castaldo Park, Woodridge Park District 630-353-3300 or woodridgeparks.org.
- Blackberry Farm Pumpkin Weekends – October Weekends and Columbus Day (10/8). Enjoy all of the attractions of the farm plus Fall-inspired fun. 11 AM-4 PM. Aurora. 630-892-1550.
- Cody’s Farm and Orchard Pumpkin Festival – October Weekends and Columbus Day (10/8). Giant pumpkin patch, corn maze, corn tunnel, rubber duck races, autumn treats. Marengo. 815-568-7976.
- Santa’s Village Harvest Fest – Weekends in October. Autumn décor & seasonal activities,
- food and drinks. East Dundee. 847-426-6751.
- (See special offer on our ad on. p. 9)
- Sonny Acres Farm and Fall Festival – Throughout October. Pumpkin patch, rides, Spook Shed, gift shop, food. West Chicago. 630-231-3859.
- Pumpkin Fest – 10/1-31. Farm animals, straw pyramid, cornstalk tunnel, fall treats. Cosley Zoo, Wheaton. 630-665-5534.
- Last Straw Fall Event – 10/2. Beekeeper, panning for gold, rope and scarecrow making, bake sale, pumpkin decorating. 12-4 PM. Gregg House Museum, Westmont. 630-969-8080.
Houby Fest – Oct 4-7. Carnival, Float filled parade, live music, Food, crafts and more. Rich, cultural tradition. Cicero. 708-656-3600. www.thetownofcicero.com.
- Autumn On The Fox Art and Craft Show – 10/5-7. 170 Artisans displaying jewelry, metal art, stained glass. St. Charles. 630-387-1151.
- Fall Bulb Festival – 10/5-7. Shop from over 225 varieties of bulbs plus harvest market, live music, cider, wine, beer and fall treats for purchase. Chicago Botanic Garden, Glencoe. 847-835-5440.
- The Great Highwood Pumpkin Festival – 10/5-7. Trick or treating, costume contests, pumpkin parade, carnival rides, hay rides, pony rides, petting zoo. Downtown Highwood. celebratehighwood.org.
Oktoberfest at Naper Settlement – Friday, Oct. 5, 5–10 PM Saturday. October 6, noon–10 PM. Live music, German Beer Garden, German Cuisine. 523 S. Webster St., Naperville. 630-420-6010. NaperSettlement.org/Oktoberfest.
St. Charles Scarecrow Fest – Oct. 5-7. Fri-Sat 10 AM- 9 PM. Sun 10 AM- 5 PM. Scarecrow contest, Greater St. Charles Farm Tour, “All Wheels In” Bike Rides, Games, Carnival and Craft Show. St. Charles. 800-777-4373. www.scarecrowfest.com.
- Apple Fest – 10/6-7. Enjoy all things apple from good to games with entertainment and kids activities. 9 AM-6 PM. Lincoln Square Ravenswood, Chicago. 773-728-3890.
- An Apple Afternoon – 10/6. Lend a hand harvesting the fruit orchard, make apple sauce and apple butter. 1-4 PM. St. Charles. 630-513-4370.
- Fall Fest – 10/6. Live music, scarecrow building contest, Kids’ Zone, kiddie straw maze. 3-6 PM. Lemont. lemontparkdistrict.
- Scarecrow Festival – 10/6. Create your own scarecrow, square dancing, harvest crafts, hayrides and cooking demos. Midway Village Museum, Rockford. 815-397-9112.
- Autumn Colors Craft Show – 10/6. 100 booths of handcrafts, jewelry, candles, pancake breakfast, bake sale and concessions. Romeoville 815-886-6222.
- Autumn Harvest Festival – 10/7. Games, food and music. Volkening Heritage Farm and Merkle Cabin at Spring Valley, Schaumburg. 847-985-2102 for parkfun.com.
- The Grove Folk Fest – 10/7. Costumed interpreters relive local history with folk music, square dancing and hayrides and hearty food. The Grove, Glenview Park District. 847-299-6096 or glenviewparks.org.
- Harvest Days at Garfield Farm – 10/7. See demos of farm and household skills, 19th century music and food from the 1800s. Campton Hills (5 miles west of Geneva). 630-584-8485.
- Pumpkin Palooza – 10/7-8. Giant pumpkins, pumpkin crafts, pumpkin games, hayrides, games and music. The Growing Place Aurora. 630-820-8088 or thegrowingplace.com.
- Glass Pumpkin Patch – 10/10-14. Annual exhibit of blown glass artwork with demos and sales. Morton Arboretum, Lisle. 630-968-0074.
- Bonfire on the Beach – 10/11. Spiked apple cider and spice wine, bonfire, music, candy apple bar, hot cocoa. 5:30 PM. Lake Barrington Shores. lakebarringtonshores.org.
- Brew Fest – 10/11. More than 60 specialty, seasonal and small batch beers from local, regional and national craft brewers. McQ’s Bar and Grill, Bolingbrook. Bolingbrookbrewfest.com.
- Epic FallFest – 10/13. Pumpkin painting, sidewalk sale, hayrides, games, firepit with s’mores, off-snow demos, bounce houses. Wilmot Mountain, WI. wilmotmountain.com.
- Heritage Day – 10/13. Fall family-friendly festivities at historic schoolhouse. Singers, square dance lessons, old-fashioned games, school activities, hayride, pumpkin patch craft and seasonal activities. Churchville Schoolhouse and Fischer Farm, Bensenville. 11 AM – 3 PM. 630-833-1457.
- Fall Festival/Oktoberfest – 10/13. Pumpkin decorating, hayrides, music, Authentic German food and beer. Mount Prospect. 847-506-4948.
Fall Festival at Cantigny Park – Oct. 13 from 10 AM to 4 PM. Craft show, music, hayrides, and sweet treats. 1s151 Winfield Road, Wheaton. 630-668-5161. www.Cantigny.org.
- Fall Harvest Festival – 10/15. Wagon rides, farm activities, harvest food treats, fall arts and crafts. Historic Wagner Farm, Glenview. 847-657-1506 or glenviewparks.org.
- Autumn Drive, Woodstock to Marengo – 10/19-21. Progressive festival with barnyards, farmhouse doors and studios open to the public. Pick up fall produce, apples, pumpkins and baked goods, crafts, pottery, jewelry, lawn ornaments. Garage and antique sales. Autumndrive.net. 815-893-6280.
- Moonlight Hayrides – 10/19-20. Family-friendly tractor-drawn rides with bonfire, marshmallow roast, hot chocolate and cider. 630-513-4374 or primrosefarmpark.org.
- The Pumpkin Trolley – 10/20-21 and 10/27-28. Pick up a pumpkin at the patch and enjoy a treat. Inquire about Ghost Story Train. Fox River Trolley Museum, South Elgin, 847-697-4676.
- Autumn Craft and Vendor Show – 10/20. Juried arts and crafts, bake sale, raffles, lunch, Pumpkin Patch fundraiser. Batavia High School, Batavia. 630-282-3153.
- Fall Colors Weekend – 10/20-21. View spectacular fall colors with guided hikes. Starved Rock State Park, Utica. 800-667-4211.