Lutheran Home in Arlington Heights
Many recent studies have focused on the growing understanding of overall health and wellness as a whole-person consideration. Most people think of wellness as exercise and fitness. There is so much more.
8 Pillars of Wellness
The Eight Pillars of Wellness encompass a whole-person approach. The pillars include:
- Emotional – coping effectively with life and creating satisfying relationships
- Financial – Satisfaction with current and future financial situations
- Social – Developing a sense of connection, belonging, and a well-developed support system
- Spiritual – Expanding our sense of purpose and meaning in life
- Occupational – Personal satisfaction and enrichment derived from one’s work
- Physical – Recognizing the need for physical activity, diet, sleep, and nutrition
- Intellectual – Recognizing creative abilities and finding ways to expand knowledge and skills
- Environmental – Good health by occupying pleasant, stimulating environments that support well-being
– Linda Smith, Marketing Director
The Lutheran Home in Arlington Heights wants to encourage you to commit to the Eight Pillars of Wellness. The MyWellness Center, on the campus of Lutheran Home, is expected to launch in January 2021 with a commitment to programming around all the pillars. This membership-based center will allow you to socialize, exercise, relax, learn and enhance your whole body.
During the COVID-19 crisis, videos encompassing all the pillars are dropping daily to allow you to begin your wellness campaign at home. Check out the many videos at www.lutheranhome.org/mywellness and move with an exercise program, watch a nutrition video or a cooking demonstration, or test your cognitive abilities with a BrainSavers quiz.
Watch for additional information around the community about the MyWellness Center on the campus of Lutheran Home as the excitement builds for the launch of the program. For more information, contact Linda Smith at (847) 368-7404.