Thank You Caregivers and Staff!
Villa St. Benedict in Lisle would like to thank the local community for its support as it continues efforts to protect the health, well-being and safety of its residents and staff during this quarantine.
The local community has come together to boost the moral of our lonely seniors. We have received cards, letters, and a variety of donated goods from the public over the last several weeks as a show of support for its residents and employees. Villa St. Benedict is thankful for all of its staff as they work tirelessly to maintain the highest quality care and ensure the emotional and physical wellness of its residents during this unprecedented time.
“The health and well-being of our residents and staff remain our top priority. We are very grateful for the support and donations from the local community as well as for the tremendous dedication and care shown daily by all of our dedicated staff,” Katherine DiCristina , Villa St. Benedict executive director.
In response to questions from those asking how to get involved, the center is currently accepting the following:
– Cards, letters, artwork or signs created by children or adults for its residents and/or staff. Personal cards and gifts, for residents and staff have been pouring in for independent and assisted living.
– Requests from local schools, school children, or those homeschooled who would like to be part of the “Pandemic Pen Pals” program with residents are welcome.
– Requests for video chats with residents at Villa St.Benedict can also be arranged through Sign up Genius. Send an email to email@example.com or visit the “Contact” with the drop down for “Video Chat” to arrange a time.
– Donations of goods for nursing staff are welcome: Surgical -grade face masks, cloth masks, thermometers, disinfectant wipes, hand sanitizers, and /or monetary donations will also be helpful through our Foundation for other protective equipment needed along with technology and other devices.
– Personal Protective Equipment that are worn by staff when necessary. For homemade mask instructions, visit www.bhshealth.org/news.
Villa St. Benedict
1920 Maple Ave, Lisle, IL 60532