Things To Do
Great “VIRTUAL” Events…
With Illinois’ shelter-in-place extension thru the end of May, we gathered some great remote ideas and social distancing activities for families to do in this special ‘Virtual Events’ section. Just click on the title to be linked
With the hope of getting back to some type of normalcy soon, please send your event information to email@example.com by June 12th for consideration to be included in the July/August issue’s ‘Great Event’ section.
- Hit Play Chicago – Introducing a weekly video series brought to you by Mayor Lori E. Lightfoot and Citadel that takes you inside Chicago’s educational and cultural institutions.
- Virtual First Friday, Aurora Downtown – Friday, May 1st
- Save-A-Pet’s Tails ‘n Treats Run – Saturday, June 27. Timed 5K, 1-mile fun walk & Virtual event
- The Great LEGO® Race VR Experience – Immerse yourselves in a LEGO® world racing brick-built vehicles, buckle up it’s time to go!
- Virtual Visit of Frank Lloyd Laurent House in Rockford – Enjoy this unique way to visit this historic home from the comfort of your own home!
- Tuesday Tales | MSI Virtual – Although we cannot welcome you to the building for our Tuesday Tales program, the stories go on at 9AM
- Field Museum – Learning Resource Hub – Experience the Field at Home
- Morton Arboretum: Virtual Bloom Report + Learning in Place Nature-Based Home Learning Resources
- Chicago Botanic Garden – Visit Us Virtually For Now. Join us for a nature moment on Wednesdays, from noon to 1 p.m.
- DuPage Children’s Museum – Searching for something fun to do as a family? Explore the indoors with this fun, printable scavenger hunt.
- Shedd Aquarium – Virtual Reality at Shedd – Immerse yourself at Shedd with a 360-degree, 3-D live-action journey into virtual reality.
- Ottawa, Illinois – The Middle of Everywhere. Take the paths of Presidents, and discover a community not far from home!
- Brookfield Zoo – Daily Live Events
- Naper Settlement – Daily Dose of History
- Cosley Zoo – Animal Videos
- Lizzadro Museum of Lapidary Art – Online Learning: The Rock & Mineral Challenge
- Forest Preserve District of DuPage County, Bird Call Bingo – Learn some common bird calls, then get outside to find out which you can hear in your backyard.
Google Arts & Culture features content from over 2000 leading museums and archives who have partnered with the Google Cultural Institute to bring the world’s greatest collections to your finger tips.
- 2000 great collections/museums/exhibitions from around the world
- 63 of the top USA Collections: The Met, Smithsonians, JFK Library and many more.
Top Chicago Museums that have partnered with Google Art & Culture. Many are listed below, and we think you’ll enjoy Google’s curation of these great collections:
- The Adler Planetarium
- Art Institute of Chicago
- DuSable Museum of African American History
- Chicago Field Museum of Natural History
- The Morton Arboretum
- Chicago Academy of Sciences / Peggy Notebaert Nature Museum
- IIT Institute of Design